Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Thursday 17 March 2011

Caught the bug

*2nd post of the day - please scroll down*

or rather Kathy made me do it! She has nailed the less is more challenge and makes some wonderful creations! I bought some Sheena Douglas stamps which arrived yesterday as I wanted some swirly stamps. I have been seeing Kathy's and other people's cards for the 'off the page' challenge and saw some gorgeous cards. The stamps seemed perfect so I gave it a go. I have actually done about ten  more on 4x4 cards which I plan to give as part of a mothers day gift so mum has some notelets.


The cas cards make a refreshing change from those you would never get in an envelope or look like every single embellishment owned has been stuck on! I am quite please with these and love Mandi's (dt) card with the dress coming off the dge, I have a couple of dress stamps so may give that a go too!

I am entering this card into the Less is More Challenge.

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Not just me that's got it nailed then! Thanks so much for giving me the credit! You've done a sterling job on these and I'm sure your mum will love the notelets

Happy Thursday

Kathyk

choupynette said...

Very elegant... great cards!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creations!

Ali x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely set of cards Debs :o) Lisa x

Mandi said...

Hi Debs
These re FAB< clean and simple, just perfect!
Thanks for mentioning my card. Took ages fiddling onto different colours, but it has to be right for your eyes eh!
So glad you joined us, thank you!
mandi
"Less is More"

Seafield Jo said...

These are lovely, I'm sure your mum will be thrilled. Jo x

Vicky said...

They are gorgeous hun!.....love the swirls and the sentiment matches perfectly..

hugs Vicky xx

Cherry said...

How weird we've been doing the same thing today, Debs! Just love this set, the colours with those stamps are delicious and very useful. I'm sure they will be gratefully received and used by your mum. We are obviously sharing the same muse at the mo - lol. Continue having a good week off and hope you are feeling ok. Hugs Cherry XxX

Chrissie said...

Thanks so much for joining us with these super cards. I'm sure they will be well received.
I hope you'll manage to join us next time too!
A new challenge starts on Saturday!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lauren Hatwell said...

These are fabulous Debs. You've definitely nailed it. Lx