Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Sunday 22 July 2012

Twinkling Penny Black

Louise has set a just for fun challenge in the CMLI group which is Christmas in July. I used my new PB stamp (Twinkling) and stamped in brilliance pearlescent poppy.




I coloured the circles in with a glitter gold spica atyou pen. I am not sure how Christmassy it looked or whether I pulled it off or not...honest opinions please!


Twinkling #2


I have added red stickles and a sentiment following some advice from a friend..I think it looks much better now.


I will be entering this card into the following challenges;

Creatalicious Challenges  - Christmas in July
Quirky Crafts Challenges - Christmas in July
Annabelle Stamps  - Christmas


13 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

they both look good. but the stickles and sentiment does finish it off nicely! x

Kathyk said...

Ditto what Clare said! That's a fab stamp and could easily be adapted for any occasion from sympathy to Christmas (as you just proved!)

Happy Sunday, Debs

Kathyk

Vicky said...

They are both fabulous Debs..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Cherry said...

I love that stamp, Debs. I love the card, the Stickles and sentiment do seem to finish it off perfectly but I like the stamped one for simplicity too. Hugs Cherry xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs the #2 card looks fabulous I agree with the others when they say the stickles and sentiment finish it off perfectly.
Hugs
Lorraine x

catherine said...

This looks such a really beautiful stamp Debs and has lots of uses for it. You have done a great job with it
x catherine

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Debs, love the image.

Donna x

Maire Gamber said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love the stamp! It is just super versatile !
Hugs,
Marie XX

Carole said...

Lovely simple elegant cards Debs. So pleased I popped by! C x

Anonymous said...

Pure elegance and certainly 'Christmas worthy'! Love the added red stickles!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Kylie said...

I LOVE both your cards! CAS PERFECT and so Christmas worthy! Gorgeous work!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Marion said...

I think you can make any card a Christmas card - and yours definitely fits the bill. Thanks for playing with us at AnnaBelles this week.

Andrea said...

Love the tree silhouette and stickles! Gorgeous card!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea