Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Thursday 13 December 2012

Monochrome Christmas

For my CraftBubble Crimble card swap I decided to do a cas monochrome card. I had a lovely Christmas tree stamp from elzybells which I decided to use.


Hmm not to clear on the pic but there is stickles on the branches and a silver glitter on the baubles and star. I backed the image on black card  - I couldn't find black a4 anywhere so ended up buying a3 - complete pain in the bum to cut up!

Backed again with silver card, black ribbon and a charm added. Black gems from meiflower and a chocolate baroque snowflake that was free with a magazine.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges;

Charisma Cardz - Christmas Makes
Ruby's Rainbow - Christmas with Non Traditional Colours
Emerald Faeries - Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday - Christmas

Hope you are all nearly sorted for Christmas 



16 comments:

Kathyk said...

Looks even more fab in real life, Debs. FYI Hobbycraft sell black card (A4) in packs of (I think) 10

Kathyk

Jules said...

Hi Debbie

I have this little tree too . .. it is lovely isn't it .. .. and you have used it beautifully.

I love the monochrome look!

Love how you have decorated the envelope too! It just finishes everything off nicely.

Hope your Christmas preparations are coming together nicely.

Love Jules xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Looks great debs and the envelope gives the perfect finishing touch. X

Basslady said...

a fabulous and very elegant card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Wishcraft said...

Ooh fab tree and a lovely card, love the decorated envelope too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coops said...

simply stunning debby.i love the black and white design :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

This is such an adorable and beautiful christmas card! Love the details! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Unknown said...

This is such an adorable and beautiful christmas card! Love the details! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs and sunshine!

Tracey T said...

Simply stylish - CAS is the way to go this year! Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

Judy said...

Wow..this looks great..love the black n white.

xo
Judy

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card LOVE the monochrome too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, Samantha :0)

Unknown said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this challenge.

Lisa xox

shaz earl said...

A stunning card!

Thank you for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow.

Hugs Shaz x

Susie said...

Gorgeous cards - so effective! Thanks for joining our Christmas theme at Dream Valley. Susie x

Lesley said...

Great card, the stamp is lovely! Thanks for taking part in Ruby's Rainbow's challenge xx

Faye said...

A really stylish and elegant creation. Thanks so much for joining our first challenge at Christmas at Sweet Stampin. Merry Christmas and good luck. X