Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Saturday 19 January 2013

Lesson 2 'I am dotty about...'


We should have put gesso on top of the book page but I didn't have any so used white ink instead. When it dried it was translucent but it managed to stop my di's drying on top of the page - nightmare!! Oh and if anyone knows of any decent white ink that stamps properly please let me know!


For a how to video follow the the link above - you will also see a much better journal page than mine but then Clare is teaching us!

Happy Saturday!


9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Loving this and your colour choice gets my top vote too!!!

Hope you don't have too much snow but are staying in the warm and crafting!

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

your page is fantastic. i love the colours you chose! shame about the white ink!! x

catherine said...

Just super Debs and love the colours. we will be doing lesson 3 before I get lesson two finished. Must make it a priority now!!
x catherine

Wishcraft said...

Looks great Debs, love the colours you've used :) Hugs, Lisa x

Cherry said...

Your page is fabulous debs. Love the colours and your journaling. I've not found any good white ink...yet. Hugs Cherry xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Debs, this is so gorgeous. Love it!

Donna x

My name is Wynneth said...

Your page is gorgeous Debs - the beauty of Art is that we create with the materials we have to hand. Not having Gesso meant you tried out something new and the result is fabulous ! I haven't had chance to do Lesson 2 yet, must make time to do it soon.
luv
wynneth
x

lbwright22-loopylou said...

I can't tell that there is anything wrong with your page. That's the beauty of art- there is no right or wrong. Love the colour scheme the dots of course!

Clare Lloyd said...

really fab debs, glad my linky thing works!! x