Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Monday 6 January 2014

My first junk journal and my word for the year..

Picture (and maybe word) heavy post!!

The lovely Clare has set up a Junk Journal group on her blog and a private group on Facebook. This is my page which started off like this....


I then used a vermillion green acrylic paint to cover it and used more paint through stencils


I used some gelato's around the edges and started stamping


The words were still quite obvious so I put some washi tape down then stamped my new octopode 'doll head' stamp on tissue paper and stuck it down with matte medium.


Close up....


I then took some tags and used gelato's and dylusion sprays. I used a white sharpie to draw the numbers on.


I put the numbers on both sides so it wouldn't matter if the tags flipped over.


The hearts in the top right corner are self made stamps made by Clare :)


This is the other side of the page - painted the same as the front but with my word of the year 'sharpie'd' on!


My word is CHOICE. Last year I had exams and case studies and reflective diaries and much more to do.. it completely took over all of my time, we also moved house so I felt I had no free time to do anything I wanted to do.

I worked on a word based journal page a few nights ago and thought about words for 2014 - funnily enough choice wasn't one of them but the other words on the page were.

As well as signing up to Clare's junk journal I also signed up to Effy Wild's Moonshine 2014 - mix of painting and art journalling - I CHOSE to sign up to these and am also keeping an eye on a few other art journalling blogs/prompts.



What are your choices for 2014? and what's your word?

 

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

GLORIOUS layout Debs

Happy 2014 to you and your family

Kathyk

Donna Mosley said...

Love it Debs, the colours and layout are fab.

Donna x

Jules said...

Hi Debbie

Very inspirational and I love the colours you worked with.

Love your chosen word and its meaning too!

I hope you had a good Christmas and wish you and your family all the best for 2014.

Love Jules xx

buterfliecrafter said...

Like your first creation of the junk journaling challenge,can't wait to see more. is this going to be a cover for a book?