Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Wednesday 27 August 2014

How I spent my bank holiday...(picture heavy post)

It has taken a RIDICULOUSLY long time to do this... from pulling all the nails out, polyfilla, sanding, washing it all down and THREE...yes THREE coats of paint..but the store one was pretty watery and crap so the final coat is crown - it is a warmer soft lime than the original so I'm happy with that!

ok how it looked when we moved in.... well not straight away obviously...


and after we cleared everything out and played with polyfilla
 

In hindsight I should have put white down first but it's been so long since I decorated (we lived in rented for 4 yrs) that I didn't have my decorating head on!


new colour and new desk


woohoo peg board!!


The white note holder I bought myself - the other was a Christmas present from my sister so I could peg up any pieces of work that i was especially happy with/proud of


It's still not in order yet tho as I am waiting for the hooks etc to arrive for the pegboard so I will take another pic once it is done


Hope you have been doing something crafty !


4 comments:

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Wow looks like a great place to be inspired to create. Lovely and light. The peg board is awesome

Clare Lloyd said...

Looking good, love the colour!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yeehaw! It's looking fabulous! I LOVE the lime colour you've used on the walls; so fresh and clean looking. I salute you :oD

Lx

Kathyk said...

It's looking great mate! I'm looking forward to your first WOYWDW shot from your new craft room

Happy Thursday

Kathyk