Welcome to my blog!

From x stitch I moved into card making - now I am playing around with mixed media! I am taking part in different workshops and with help from crafty pals, learning about different mediums and techniques. Hope you feel inspired to create after a visit to my blog - Happy Crafting!

Wednesday 2 December 2015

DLP - Mirror mirror

August Theme
Faces, the Human Form & Characters
August 29
Art Challenge: Self Portrait
Journal Prompt:  Mirror Mirror

I am still waaaay behind but trying to do all the pages! This weeks challenge was a self portrait but I followed Rae's advice and went to a website that turned photos into line drawings - then went over it with pencil and paint. The light was quite bright on the photo so the line drawing lost my nose......I know....how do I smell......
So I (badly) sketched it in myself. The photo is from many years ago when my hair was straight.


I found the quote online and it reads ' Mirrors have 3 purposes, to show you who you are, to show you who you were and to to show you who you want to be' - Dan Pearce.


As it's Wednesday here is a picture of my desk - still in crimble card mode...



and a quick card I made for my mum's neighbour who had a baby girl.




Hope your week is going well


4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's a HIVE of activity at your place. I LOVE your journal page. Great quote. I've not heard that one before. The baby card is adorable and bound to be a hit. I love the fact you've got stuff all along the shelf in your craft room. Like mine, EVERY available space is pressed into action :oD I't makes me smile Lx

Sarn said...

WOW - busy busy busy!

FAB AJ pages.

Love the cute baby card too xxx

Kathyk said...

Cool page and love the quote - how're you doing with your Chrimbo card quota? FAB baby card too

Kathyk

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Great journal page. Your self portrait has turned out stunning.
Love the other makes in progress and the baby card is v cute x